School Swimming Lessons

We have just finished two weeks of swimming lessons at Graham Condon. 

The thing that I enjoyed the most this week was the boat and life jackets because it was really fun going under the boat and learning what to do if the boat flips over. If the boat flips over and you get really hot, put one hand under the boat then the other on the outside and dunk your head in the water and go in with your legs in front of you. This will give you shade.

This week, we did a lot of water safety skills. Something that I have learnt is if you were struggling swimming on your front to turn around and have a breath and this is important because if you can not breathe you could get hurt and sick and you might even drown. 

Something that I want to learn next time I have swimming lessons at school is to not be afraid to swim 50m and to dive off the diving board  because I want to be able to swim 50m for swimming sports. 

Have you ever been swimming with your school?  Can you swim 50m?

5 thoughts on “School Swimming Lessons

1. Hello Monica,
    I really like your writting its so infromative.
    I love school Swimming but no I dont think I can swim 50 meters I might but I dont think so.
    Good work and keep posting.
    🙂

2. Drowning that is not good I will use that advice.
    Your writing is wonderfu.
    l I dont think I will be able to swim 50 meters at once.

Keep trying😀

3. Hi Monica i loved the writing thanks for the advice no one wants to drown this is so inspiring I love school swimming . This will definitely help next time I go school swimming or just anywhere.